Office Complaints Procedure – NewGround Law B.V.
Article 1 definitions of terms
In this Office Complaints Procedure: – complaint means any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the attorney-at-law [advocaat] or the persons working under his/her responsibility concerning the entering into and performance of a contract for services [overeenkomst van opdracht], the quality of the services provided or the amount of the fee statement, not being a complaint as referred to in Section 4 of the Advocates Act; – complainant means the client or the client’s representative that makes a complaint; – complaints officer means the attorney-at-law charged with handling the complaint;
Article 2 scope of application
- This Office Complaints Procedure applies to all contracts for services between NewGround Law B.V. and the client.
- Each attorney-of-law of NewGround Law B.V. must see to it that complaints are handled in accordance with this Office Complaints Procedure.
Article 3 purposes
This Office Complaints Procedure is for the purposes of:
- establishing a procedure for handling complaints by clients in a constructive manner within a reasonable period of time;
- establishing a procedure for determining the causes of complaints by clients;
- maintaing and improving existing client relationships by means of effective complaints handling;
- training employees to respond to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
- improving the quality of the services we provide with the aid of complaints handling and complaints analysis.
Article 4 information at commencement of the services
- This Office Complaints Procedure is published. Before entering into the contract for services, the attorney-at-law will advise the client that NewGround Law B.V. maintains an office complaints procedure and that this applies to the services.
- NewGround Law B.V. has set out through the general terms and conditions to which independent party or body a complaint which remains unresolved after handling may be referred in order to obtain a binding decision.
- Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this Office Complaints Procedure which remain unresolved after handling will be referred to the district court.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
If a client approaches NewGround Law B.V. with a complaint, the complaint will be referred to Charles van Rijckevorsel, who will thereupon act as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will inform the person who is the subject of the complaint of the filing of the complaint and will give the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint the opportunity to explain or respond to the complaint.
- The person who is the subject of the complaint will attempt to resolve the matter with the client, whether or not with the intermediation of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will handle the complaint within four weeks of receipt of the complaint. If this time limit is not met, the complaints officer will inform the client and provide an explanation for the delay, also stating a new period within which the complaint will be assessed.
- The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint in writing of the assessment of the merits of the complaint, and may make recommendations.
- If the complaint has been settled satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint will sign the assessment of the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and complaints handling free of charge
- The complaints officer and the person who is the subject of a complaint will observe confidentiality during the handling of the complaint.
- The complainant will not be charged any fee for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for handling the complaint in a timely manner.
- The person who is the subject of a complaint will keep the complaints officer informed of any contact and a possible resolution.
- The complaints officer will keep the complainant informed of the progress of the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer will keep the complaint file up-to-date.
Article 8 complaint registration
- The complaints officer will register the complaint and the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint may be classified in multiple subject categories.
- The complaints officer will report at regular intervals on the handling of complaints and make recommendations for preventing new complaints and for improving procedures.
- The reports and recommendations will be discussed within NewGround Law B.V. at least once a year and presented for decision-making.